In week six of the ORMS MOOC we’ll complete our work in Module 2 of the ORMS Model. Once again, you can learn more about the MOOC here…and access the actual MOOC here. Each module lasts two weeks…you can work at your own pace. On the syllabus it has blog posts listed as being due this week, or next week.
Online Collaborative Inquiry
This module we have been looking at Online Collaborative Inquiry and thinking about how to encourage our students to collaborate and co-construct (online and offline) information together. We’re really talking about social constructivism and active knowledge construction…powerful learning.
At this point in the module, you should have already read/viewed all (and then some) of the materials I shared. You should have shared your reflection out on a blog post and reviewed the work of others.
To obtain the badge and complete this module, you’ll need to think about possible ways to integrate online collaborative inquiry into your classroom. You’re the expert of your content area…your grade level…your students. If you want your students to engage in this activity…how would you do it?
For the Online Collaborative Inquiry badge, develop a lesson plan, supplemental materials, handouts, videos, etc. Develop any & all materials that you would use with your students that teach this in your classroom. Embed all of this content on your blog or website. Build and share everything in a manner or format that would make sense to use as a teaching material. This means that you’re writing it for your students. Build this as if you would actually use it in your lessons.
After you have built it up, please share it out online. Share it out on your various social networks and in our Google+ Community. After you’ve completed up to this step…go ahead and submit it in our Google Group to earn the badge for this module.
I’ll leave in below the specific details that I share in the metadata for the badge. If you’re thoroughly confused…please ask a question in the comments/questions below. Ask questions in the various social networks. Also, take a look at the work already shared by your colleagues.
Specifics shared in the badge metadata for the Module 2 badge
To receive the badge you must complete the following:
- Read and review all materials in Module Two of the ORMS MOOC.
- Respond to the “Biggest Takeaway” and the Reflection question for the module in the Google+ Community.
- Develop a learning example of online collaborative inquiry as defined in the module and share in the appropriate area of the Google Group.
- Submit your project for your badge in the Google Group. Your work will be reviewed in your thread and if approved, you will be awarded the badge. Make sure you include the email you want the badge sent to in your Google Group thread.
- Project materials submitted to receive a badge in the ORMS MOOC cannot be used to apply for another badge in the ORMS MOOC.
Cover photo by See-ming Lee 李思明 SML http://flickr.com/photos/seeminglee/3973726394 shared under a Creative Commons (BY-SA) license