This course is the final course of the sequence of courses. This is meant to be a culmination of the work completed over the course of the entire IT&DML program. Students are to complete, and revise content on their blogs, and learning Hub. The final element will include a “broadcast” as they present their work over the course of the program.
This course will serve as a capstone or culminating course for the Sixth Year Certificate. Students will develop digital portfolios, defined as a purposeful collection of student work that illustrates efforts, progress and achievement in the program objectives. Students will be expected to demonstrate mastery of instructional technological tools as well as mastery of the pedagogical and intellectual content, synthesizing them into a portfolio that demonstrates their significant mastery of instructional technologies and media literacies.
- Students will create a digital portfolio that effectively demonstrates their mastery of instructional technological tools, as related to education, schooling, and pedagogy.
- Students will synthesize their program learning about pedagogical practices, intellectual content, and critical literacy perspectives within their digital portfolio.
- What are the knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary for educators to create a professional digital portfolio?
- What information, design elements, degrees of interactivity, and production skills are necessary to design and publish a digital portfolio?
- What is the expected/anticipated audience of your portfolio, the purpose of the portfolio, and what design elements make this possible?
The full version of the syllabus is embedded below. This version of the syllabus is an artifact and does not contain all of the edits and revisions to the syllabus we use each semester for the class.
[google-drive-embed url=”//docs.google.com/viewer?embedded=true&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fuc%3Fid%3D0B_SIJN0cY2IhUklwZktWc01DVUE%26export%3Ddownload” title=”Digital Portfolio – ED 7730.docx” icon=”https://ssl.gstatic.com/docs/doclist/images/icon_10_word_list.png” width=”100%” height=”400″ style=”embed”]
Image CC by opensourceway