As a supplement to the column, we invited a series of experts to spend some time discussing the broader impact of the details presented. The end result is a series of short video segments of the experts responding to a set of four questions about the column. You can review the video interview and four questions used at the bottom of this post.
Four Questions for Kathryn Kennedy
- What is your definition of hybrid/blended learning?
- What opportunities does hybrid learning provide for K-12 (or higher ed)…or is there a difference?
- What challenges in hybrid/blended learning?
- What do educators need to know as they get started with hybrid/blended learning?
Kathryn shared the following links and information during the interview:
- Michigan Virtual University (MVU)
- MVU’s Michigan Virtual Learning Research Institute
- MVLRI’s Webinars
- MVLRI’s Blog
- MVLRI’s Podcasts
- MVLRI’s Publications
- MVLRI’s Fellow Program
- MVLRI’s legislative directives
- iNACOL Blended Teaching Competencies Framework
- Journal of Online Learning Research
- Wayer, N., Crippen, K. & Dawson, K. (2015). Design and enactment of online components during four blended learning courses. Journal of Online Learning Research, 1(2), 219-239. Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE).
- Horry County, SC – Academy for the Arts, Science, and Technology
- iNACOL Blended Learning Implementation Road Map